Friday, March 19, 2010

Rays




To create the effect of sun rays I started by adding a new blank layer on top of the original layer. Then I did a render clouds and then a radial blur with zoom and the amount at 100. I then dragged the center to where I wanted the rays to come from. Then I did another radial blur. Next I added a levels layer and brought the outside levels towards the center. I then blended these layers with an overlay. Next I added another new layer and did a layer mask. I painted the edges with a black paintbrush. Lastly I added another new layer and used a white paint brush to paint where the sun came from.

1 comment:

  1. this photo is really beautiful. I never thought you could capture light in quite a way like this. the way it shines through all over the trees and leaves is really amazing. all the different colors of leaves are really pretty and i love how when you look at the small branches all over, they are very clear. great job :)

    ReplyDelete